External Infrastructure & Firewall Penetration Testing
The Threat: Infrastructure Security Risks
How do you answer these questions?
- Could an attacker break into your network?
- Are your firewalls really secure?
- Do your VPNs provide the protection you expect?
- Do you know what devices are on your external IPs?
- Do you know what services they offer?
The Solution: External Infrastructure (and Firewall) Penetration Testing
External Penetration Testing Methodology
Our external penetration testing services are conducted by skilled professionals
using the latest tools, best practice and our own proprietary testing techniques.
- The initial step is to perform network reconnaissance, to determine network topology and live hosts. This is
conducted using both network scanners and the tester's intuition. Unresponsive hosts are confirmed during
the test to maintain the intended scope and ensure best value for testing is achieved.
- We then enumerate all live hosts, to discover operating system types, services and protocols. Live hosts
and services are analysed for potential vulnerabilities, using both automated and manual techniques.
- Firewall and VPN penetration testing will occur at this stage.
- Any potential vulnerabilities are manually verified to remove false positives and ensure that only accurate
results and information are included in the report.
- We try to manually exploit verified vulnerabilities where possible to discover further exposures. The tester
will research discovered software and services for applicable exploits and then attempt to compromise
the relevant hosts.
- In addition to exploiting vulnerabilities, we manually test for possible configuration errors. These include
vendor defaults (such as usernames or passwords), remotely-accessible internal services and other
misconfigured services or functions.
- Throughout the test we will identify hosts which may require additional testing, such as a web application.
- We can also conduct Firewall Rule Analysis as an additional service if you require.
At First Base Technologies we pride ourselves in being with you every step of the way in securing your external infrastructure from attack.
You can read our FAQ on penetration testing and vulnerability analysis here
See what our clients say about us here
+44 (0)1273 45 45 25